Special/Common License 

This license may be required if one or both partners are of foreign nationality.

This can be a rather lengthy process and it is essential that it be started as soon as possible, so as not to interfere with your wedding plans. It is advised that, whoever is from a foreign country, should get written notification from the prospective embassies stating that their marriage in the United Kingdom will be recognized in their country.

There is also a cost involved in this process.